Will you be studying this coming year or have you just started? Then a new period in your life is about to begin. Your student days may be the best time of your life, especially if you are going to live in a room. And where do you want to live? Close to the city with its cozy pubs and cafes, or close to your studies? Arnhem has more than 6,000 student rooms, so there is plenty of choice. Of course, there are many different landlords, so the search can be difficult. We are happy to help you on your way!
You may find these blogs about living interesting
Looking for a room in Arnhem
Searching for a room can be learned
5 tips for a fun and inexpensive interior
Engage your network
Sign up for a student union and hang up bills at your college or at the local supermarket. Tell everyone that you are looking for a room. On Facebook there are several pages where cool rooms are offered.
It is a handy place to find private landlords. Check for example "Kamer Arnhem Te Huur" and "Kamermarkt Arnhem". Oh, and expand your network and use it, because many rooms are rented out 'via via'!
- Want the cutest room at the best price? Work for it!
Sign up for a room
There are several organizations that offer rooms. Register with them! SSH& is the provider with the most rooms, so you should definitely register with them.
This organization rents out over 450 student rooms in Arnhem. Register with Entree as well, and you will be able to build up registration time immediately after your studies.
Well-known sites where you can find rooms are Kamernet, Kamers.nl and Kamertje.nl. Anti-squatting is of course also an option.
- There are many sites where you can find rooms. Be sure to look around.
Found a room? And then?
Have you found a room? Then don't forget to arrange other important matters, such as:
- Register with the municipality of Arnhem. This is especially important if you want to apply for rent subsidy.
- Arrange for insurance. Think about health insurance and household insurance.
- Pass on address changes where necessary.
- Make a budget, so you know what costs you will have anyway.
- Make sure you have a bicycle. For example, you can easily rent a bicycle at Swapfiets.
- Everything arranged? Top! Enjoy your new room!